The project has involved hard work from many people and several organisations.
- Community Energy Scotland has been with this project since its outset, they facilitated the first feasibility study, provided a grant for the second feasibility study, put us in touch with the Cooperative Enterprise Hub and continue to provide advice and contacts.
- Cooperative Enterprise Hub has funded all the invaluable advice we have received from Cooperative and Mutual Solutions Limited. This has enabled us to set up Harlaw Hydro Limited as an Industrial Provident Society.
- The City of Edinburgh Council, who own the reservoirs and the land we will build on, have been very supportive and are providing a long lease on the land we need.
- Balerno Village Trust has provided the base and support from which the project has developed to this point.
- The members of Harlaw Hydro Ltd who have provided all the capital for the project and some of whom have stepped forward to help make it happen and to keep it running.